Wednesday, June 28, 2006

How many people remember those yellow fever cops that jump into your car when you try to drop someone off on the island or around apapa and you have to pay them some money or bribe them before they let you go o?

I remember this incident when I had to go drop my cousin on the island right by the third mainland bridge.Fortunately for me one of my crazy friends in crime at that time was with me.So immediately my cousin got down,the yellow fever guy jumped into the car and said I should move forward and park the car very well,but as a mammal and a skull(will tell u abt those names and lingua later)that has experience ikwerre and ijaw boys demostration when hijacking bus drivers in Port harcourt.I just kept driving and got on 3rd mainland bridge stopped in the middle of the bridge and told the yellow fever guy to get out of the car.He was trying to resist and we told him we will beat him and throw him into the ocean and he was actually scared.We ended up leaving him there o.

Men when i think about how law enforcement agents in naija extort people,I actually don't pity them when people beat them or deal with them.I have had a couple of brushes with them while in naija and even still did when in naija last december.

What is your opinion about it?

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:01:00 PM, Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

well i like how you handled the situation. They're so pathetic...I mean everyone is in the struggle together...sometimes I feel bad...and then other times, I think they get everything they deserve

Once I went to lagos and my sister was driving...Im not sure what happened. All I know is that the police was trying to get in the car. I sighed deeply and put my hand on my forehead...as in how pathetic...but they thought the gesture meant I was sick...a fact my sister capitalized on...and then I fully played it out...moaning and stuff...so they let us go...but really!!!!!

 
At Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those guys have a hard life oh! some of them even forget their jobs and just become professional extortionists...you have to draw the line somewhere between greed - explotation and badpay.
who knows what they're on?

 
At Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:53:00 PM, Blogger Aramide said...

Hahaha classic!

 
At Friday, June 30, 2006 4:02:00 AM, Blogger Nneka's World said...

Nice one! Hahahaha

I know those people annoy the hell out of me oh!
When i see them, i just smile at them and pretend to be out of it and they just let me pass.

 
At Friday, June 30, 2006 5:00:00 PM, Blogger Kush said...

Nneka I no go lie it was my experience that they give the women an easier time than the guys. But more to the point is it right to bribe these guys for an easy life? Will this just increase the problem? Shouldn't everyone just refuse and then they will be forced to live on their salaries or seek new jobs.

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Bella Naija said...

hahahhaha...u r crazy! u have guts o...would u try that with nigerian police with their guns which seems to 'accidentally discharge' a lil too often?

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:05:00 AM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Diamond..I feel u on the pathetic part and u must be a good actress to pull that off.
@Delot..yeah men it pisses me off atimes but atimes i don't blame them when the stupid government we have wont pay their salaries
@Nneka..U must have a disarming smile cos those determined ones wont let u pass go anywhere o.
@kush...I feel u but they dont even get paid for months atimes
@Belle...men did it cos the stupid man did not even have a gun o

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:06:00 PM, Blogger Biodun said...

LMAO, men I dont pity those guys frankly, they get what they deserve!

 
At Saturday, July 15, 2006 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Monef said...

I used to feel bad for those guys in the beginning but they are just taking the piss. Glad to hear there was no gun otherwise that would've been tres risky!! Are we shure he didn't just borrow his friends uniform purely for the purpose of extorting people?!

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 4:48:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think the Nigerian Police can be quite annoying and a bit of extortionists ....did I say abit? They are EXTORTIONISTS!!!! Their boldness in extorting money out of other hard working people knows no bounds. The ones on the mainland are worse than the ones on the island who are more polite cos u could be anybody related to a 'somebody' on the island.
My partner was on holiday in naija last month and was stopped by those policemen who told him they wee conducting a stop and search of all cars and that he should come down from the car and identify himself. We were miffed but he came down and identified himself of course. You know what I mean!! Thats naija for u!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home