Thursday, July 20, 2006

GETTING MARRIED


Hmmm..... how many people think of marriage and it scares them? I think guys are always scared when their wedding day is getting near than gurls.I have talked to a few grooms before their wedding day or on the D-day and I find it amusing when I see a lil' bit doubt on their face.
'The only reason they are scared when it is nearing the wedding day is just that they know that they are not single anymore after the wedding,can't do all the stuffs they use to do while single."

This one of my aunt's daily outburst when she is talking to me about getting married.To some extent I agree with her,cos definately after getting married,you are not only responsible for just yourself,but for 2 people now and when you start having some rugrats running around the house,then your responsibility gets bigger.
I always tell her that it is not about getting married,but getting married to the right person at the right time,cos if it is you can just pick someone and just get married to the person.

I remember my last 2 yrs in college in Naija,I was staying at home and going to school from home.You know how it is in naija,when u are in college u move ur ass to school so u can have all the free moving around time you want.Well I decided to stay at home with my mum cos she was the only one at home then and all my siblings left for school and I was the only one in school in the same town we stay in.So it was just me and my mama at home,so it was like I was her husband o.Normally I always get home late,like getting home around 1am,cos I had to hang out now.I remember my mum won't go to bed until I get home and I always tell she should.We were always arguing like husband and wife and I remember she always seize my car keys when I come home really late.

When I think back to those days,it's as if we were a couple cos she is always nagging me and she always try as much as possible to swat all my plans of getting my groove on then.Thank God cellphones were not in existence as it is now then,she would have been blowing up my phone scather.Anyway that was a mother-son love and protecting thingy,which I later realized.

Coming back to guys been scared when it gets closer to the day they will be loosing their freedom.One of my friend was getting married one time like that and i had to drive him to the registry cos he was running late and this guy could not go into the registry until he had downed almost a bottle of hennessey.

Anyway I need to go to bed now.Let me know ur views on this issue.

Check this video animation out

http://www.americancomedynetwork.com/FLASH/soldiers.htm

5 Comments:

At Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am personally somewhat apprehensive when i think about marraige. but i think once you find the right person, "the one", then all the doubt dissipates. I would be wary of a man who needs to get drunk to sign a marraige certificate..lol

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 7:45:00 AM, Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

all I've got to say is DONT RUSH it...

all the ppl that are getting divorced, werent they all goo goo ga-ga once? they thought it'd last forever too...

just take your time...ENJOY being single

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 5:49:00 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Sometimes women are afraid too.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

LOl @belle..i would run far from that kinda guy! i think some people confuse marriage as being a trap instead of viewing it as actually starting a life with someone you care about.

Iwent to a bachelors party once and the groom was telling my friend to come home with him since it was his last night of "freedom."
sick!

As diamond said...marriage should definately not be rushed

 
At Friday, July 28, 2006 4:46:00 PM, Blogger Nneka's World said...

Hmm, i think that its a scary business!
Very scary, the thought of being with just one person for the rest of your life!

yeah it should not be RUSHED as said earlier

 

Post a Comment

<< Home