Friday, September 01, 2006

Reasons To Date Naija Men

1. He understands your accent.

2. He knows that when you suffix every sentence with 'now', its not a

command, e.g. "Come let's go now..."

3. When you guys go out, he pays and doesn't expect a refund of exactly

half!

4. He understands why you have to send money home - probably doing the same

himself!

5. He doesn't see your kid sister staying in your house as an

inconvenience/ cramping his style.

6. He doesn't think you should put your parents in a home.

7. He eats 'Gbegiri and Amala' and doesn't think it's 'yucky' or

'spicy'.In a nutshell, loves your cooking.

8. He gets your jokes.

9. The way he licks his ten fingers 'cos that Ogbono soup with Iyan hit da

spot, Oh Yes!!!

10. He has got his education or he got something going on.

11. He may be a baby daddy but he loves his kid and takes care of him.

12. He can have a bus load of conversation without him saying much 'cos

his momma taught him that.

13. He loves to see you shake that ass to Sir Shina Peters, the

original "Back That Ass Up" master.

14. He will settle an argument and say sorry while maintaining his man

status.

15. I am IN charge but he is THE charge, we understand that.

16. He knows where he is from. Living in NY does not mean you are from

NY.

17. He thinks you're so pretty without makeup.

18. He calls you native endearing names like "Nne" or "Omo"

19. He has respect [not to be confused with obedience] for his elders

important.

20. The way he gets embarrased and says "I beg e" when you compliment

him.

21. The way he says "I love you baby" - may be very fake yet sounds so

TRUE!

22. The way he eats meat with his bare hands... for some reason it is

sexy to me.

23. The way he calls you his wife in front of all his friends.

24. The way he says "Shey you get am" when he thinks you are not paying

attention, but you really are.

25. The way he knows that it is you calling and answers the phone "Hey

Baby!" without looking at the caller ID.

26. The way Naija men look when they are all decked out in native...

there is nothing sexier than a dark chocolate man in lace o!

27. Pronounces your name like say na im born you.

28. The way he flows from Ebonics to Pidgin English to Akata with ease.

29. He is just at home at your office picnic as he is at the Naija

reunion.

30. The very satisfied look on his face after eating one of your meals

and the way he glares at you while picking his teeth with the tooth pick,

and you both know that you are his next "meal".

31. He appreciates the art of yanshrolling when he sees one!

32. Keeps you from doing wahala by buying a stickshift vehicle he knows

U can't drive!

33. He saves you money on groceries a la "limited diet". Just cook the

stew and he'll figure the rest... Eba, Amala, Fufu or even plain old White

Bread!

34. No need for breast implants to impress am!

35. No need to go kill himself trying to maintain a six pack. He knows

u know big belle is sexy inside Agbada!

36. He knows to allow you like three hours to get ready for a party!

37. He will not complain when you waka with headful of rollers inside

house but quick to let you know that aint nothing sexy about that when

you want to go outside.

38. Her singing while doing housework is a classic reminder of wetin

you dey miss when you dey carry Akata woman!

39. His lunch (Rice, Beans, Dodo, complete with carefully selected

assorted meat) wey you pack for am na something u know sey im no go

wait to "Palam"(gobble up!) when him reach work

40. He thinks the small gap between your front teeth are actually

sexy!!!!


Finally; Cool Cos He Is Just A Naija Man Period!!!


So I am tagging all ya'll Nnes to put out Reasons to Date Naija or African Women






This is J-Lo's baby pic.So I guess she got it from her mama!!!

23 Comments:

At Friday, September 01, 2006 8:52:00 AM, Blogger TMinx said...

Another assignment, it might be a difficult one..okay I tag you too(see my page)..the alpha tag.

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 9:04:00 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

NB, don't mind TMinx, I was going to tag you when I did my Alpha Tag "Assignment" so you can rest small till you have to do it.

As for Reasons to Date Naija Women, I still have an assignment due so it will take me some time.

Funny list though, some are funny but true but some... hmmm...

Enjoy your weekend.

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very satisfied look on his face after eating one of your meals and the way he glares at you while picking his teeth with the tooth pick, and you both know that you are his next "meal".

Yeeee.this one cracked me up!
I shall start on the assignment on monday.

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Omo Ibadan said...

NaijaBloke...you're my Blogging Hero oo! I read your blog daily, it's really cool. Yes, my hometown is Ibadan, Oyo State and I also lived there till I was about 8 years old.
Seattle is actually a very nice place. I fell in love with the area last year and I just knew I had to move back here permanently. The companies out here also pay very well..I think I may have narrowed down the companies you're talking to if they're "internet" related. Best of Luck o! Keep us updated :)

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 6:15:00 PM, Blogger ABBEY said...

One Reason to Date Naija or African Women:
Because we don't expect you to be able to fix the car when it breaks down or the washing machine when it stalls. No such pressure. We understand that you might be an engineer, but you only do paper work. For everything else there's Fatai the "fokanisa" and Gbenga the Electrician.

My apologies if your name is Fatai or Gbenga.

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 6:39:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Tminx ..I have been trying to dodge that ur tag since and u just caught me ..ok will begin the assignment ..sha might take a while.

@Buki ..all r true o.U have a nice weekend too dear.

@Temmy ..yes o ..the next meal o

@Omoibadan ..well I was born in Ibadan,schooled my life crazy in Ibadan before I finally escaped o.I will sure keep u updated.I think i need to visit that town sha.

@Abbey ...lol u wish.. I have a friend that his GF actually called him when she had a flat tire and he had to go and change the tire for her o.There goes a fatia or Gbenga for u

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Biodun said...

LOL, so many valid points made, hmmm on why one should date a naija woman, I will think about that n let u know later. Have a nice weekend by the way!

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:51:00 AM, Blogger Nneka's World said...

OMG!!!! Naija Bloke, you don kill me oh!
I was rolling when i got to the "next meal" one!

Well i will take on that assignment and see what i can come up with.

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:54:00 AM, Blogger Miguel said...

NaijaBloke... its official you've been inducted into the Kono family (yoruba for "the one")... dude as pissed as i was before coming online, your post got me reeling in laughter..in the words of Jaguar nana "my head oooo, my belle ooo"

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miguel..dude!..Quit calling my name in vain..lol

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and great post NB...had me LOL!

 
At Monday, September 04, 2006 9:23:00 AM, Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

lol again where did you get all that info? hilarious!

 
At Monday, September 04, 2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your blog. So what part of ibadan to you grow up in. I know people who went to staff school and ISI.

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... staff school.... went there too..lol

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 12:59:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Biodun .. waiting for ur thots ..hope u had a nice weekend too.
@Nneka .. is it not true?
@Miguel ... nice to know the post got u passed ur pissed off mood.
@Belle ..thx and when did u leave staff school?
@Onada ... just some experience from friends and mine as well.
@life of a stranger ... thx for checking my blog up always and I stayed in Bodija but I did not go to staff school or ISI,but I bet I will know the ppl u r talking abt cos we r like a close knit family in Ibadan.So u can shoot some names to see if I know them

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

I liked the post a lot (except for the Acata reference).

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog! Here she goes again with this acata situation! Let it go girl..How many people u gonna fight! Its not that serious! LOL

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:31:00 PM, Blogger kulutempa said...

gaps in front teeth really are sexy (said by the girl with an EXTREMELY sexy gap between her front teeth) :-D

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 3:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one... finally a blog which doesnt slag off naija men, or just men in general. wicked.

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Beauty ..Ok next time I will use a different name .

@Annonymous ..na wah u follow her come here again..LOL
@Kulu .. hmmm .. i fell u on that one from experience o.
Delot ...thx for showing up here man

 
At Saturday, November 25, 2006 5:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it don't take a naija dude to understand a naija women u africanz r too caught up in thinking only naija women knows naija men vice vera speaking from xperience i do fine with women of any nationality it just takes knowing women inside out n maning up

 
At Thursday, January 03, 2008 7:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really funny.must commend u on your gsoh.naija men dey alrite no be lie!but wot i dont understand is y they seem to run to akata women i mean the oyibo women.meanwhile sum nice naija babes still dey single and desperately searching.na wah o!naija guys abeg fix up!!!!!!

 
At Friday, November 06, 2009 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

www.datenaija.com

America's fastest growing network for Nigerian singles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home