Friday, October 03, 2008

I SWEAR!!!!

Hey peeps longest time, am sure a lot of you guys already gave up on me on this blog thingy. Well it's not my fault o,busy is an understatement here o. Am sure you will be wondering what the title of this post is referring to.I was kuku jejele going through my mp3 files and saw the song "I swear by All 4 One" and I started wondering what all men were actually thinking about when singing that song to their Girlfriends back then(abi u wan talk say u no sing or write am out as a letter). I attached the video to the song on here for my newbies 'cos I know the old school peeps will know the song.




I was going through my normal rounds of reading news online o when I saw these pic of some African Leaders at the UN summit that was just completed and I was wondering if some of them flew coach down to New York ni that they could not sleep on the plane, abi the topic been discussed was "How to stop corruption in African Nations" or too much faaji(partying) happened the night before(you know how we get down now).



I also got this pictogram from one of my friends o, I did not draw this o(This is a disclaimer o).... I GOT IT FROM A FRIEND WHO PROBABLY GOT IT FROM A FRIEND"S FRIEND.




I was looking through some of my old emails as well and found this list of proverbs that I got a little while back and decided to educate you guys a little on proverbs.


A fool and his money............Na guy man best friend
A friend in need..............No go meet me for house
A penny saved.............Na half a penny tomorrow
As you make your bed.............Na so you go lay your mat too
Don't cry over spilt Akamu
Early to bed and early to rise..........Na Ministry you dey work be that
If at first you don't succeed..........Make you use another passport
From frying pan...............to belle
When in Rome.............No do as Bini babes dey do oooo

Who no know, e go know
He who lives in a glass house....... Na im pepper rest
A stitch in time...... .. dey prevent further tear tear.
Birds of the same feather.......na the same mama born dem.
One good turn.... ..... na correct power steering be that.
A bird in hand...... . wetin e wan be again if no be barbeque.
Half bread....... ... is better than buns.
Journey of a thousand miles....... Ol'boy carry your car go o
He who laughs last........ na mumu. Why im no catch the joke at the first
time and laugh when others dey laugh?
The patient dog........ Na hunger go kill am.
All work and no play......Nabanker be dat
All play and no work...... Abeg na real life be dat. After all, u no see as
u dey happy wen dem declare holiday.


The other thing I wanted to vent about is how do some people come up adverts for products on TV,'cos I have seen some adverts that I was still clueless about what it was all about 2mins after. Check out this advert and let me know what you think..




Then I got this video from a colleague at work and could not stop laughing o, so I decided to share it with you guys.





Anyway I need to get back to what am getting paid for here even though it's friday. You guys have a nice weekend and I will try and update this space more often.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At Monday, October 13, 2008 9:35:00 PM, Blogger timmy said...

that pic with the african leaders in the UN is freaking priceless...dude..lol

 
At Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:12:00 PM, Blogger The poets voice ~~~ said...

My goodness!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!
please try and blog more often...you'd cure a whole nation with laughter..

 
At Monday, December 01, 2008 10:07:00 AM, Blogger JS said...

Nice Blog. I understand exactly what you mean by keeping up with the blog'thingy'.

I recently returned to Naija and I have started a blog to chronicle my experiences.

Check me out at http://babajidesalu.wordpress.com

Keep it up

 
At Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello stranger. This is that Calabar babe pal of yours that wrote on your fb wall today. Abeg ignore that message. You won't believe what happened. I left a comment on naija dude's blog, thinking it was yours. And when he emailed me back, i just went to post on your wall...lol!!! It was now, on closer scrutiny, that i realised my blunder. I'm sure you read it and was like...huh???!!! lol.

Take care bro and Happy New Year in advance. xxx

 
At Friday, February 06, 2009 3:09:00 PM, Blogger SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Happy new year. So you have abandoned blogville, eh?

So sad.

 
At Sunday, July 19, 2009 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Tomi.theaspenshops.com said...

HI!!!
Im a follower of your blog and Id love for you to visit my site and blog! www.tomi.kateaspenshops.com We specialize in stylish favors for all of life's special occasions – wedding, bridal showers, baby showers, birthday and anniversary parties, Thanksgiving dinners.
Thank You!!!

 
At Friday, July 31, 2009 8:49:00 AM, Blogger Ms. 'dufa said...

Love the Naija proverbs! Classic! I had to hold myself from LOL at work! Please update more often, i could pay you..So it'd be more like paid work and therefore mandatory!

 
At Friday, July 16, 2010 1:17:00 AM, Anonymous bridal hair make up said...

I like that song!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home