Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Bringing My Guy to the Mic

My peeps it's 4th of July on this side of the planet and guess what yours truly did all through today,well your guess is as good as mine.Yours truly did laundry all day after like 5weeks and the only reason why the laundry just had to happen today was cos yours truly was out of boxers and actually had to run to the store 2 days ago to get boxers o.

Yours truly had to go act like a butter again today o.I can't remember ever buying a liquid detergent before o,cos man pickin has been used to OMO and Elephant Blue detergent from Naija days,so liquid detergent has always been a NO NO and yours truly don't really do laundry jere.So today I got to the store and I guess I was feeling too good with myself and decided to buy Tide liquid detergent o and guess what,the $13.85 liquid detergent did not make it out of the laundry room.I am still trying to figure out how people use that thing.

Looking at people running around with fireworks brought back memories of "BANGER" days back mehn.I remember one xmas that my neighbors in Naija decided to have a banger war with us and unfortunately for them we had a bunch of my cousins over the the holiday.We ended up spending all the money we saved up,begged for and tif(yes I said tif,tell God to slap you if u did not tif money when u were small for stupid things) on Banger or knockout.The D-day for the war was set for 9pm boxing day after we got back from the amusement park or something.After emptying the bangers and knockouts out of their packs,we had like a full bucket of ammunition.Anyway after the battle,I can pretty much tell you that we ended been in deep shyte.

Well going back to the title of my post today.I have one of my high school friends here.This guy has been trying to rap since we were in high school in Naija and his rap name then was "Skenti B",but is real name is Lanre.We had fun back in the days anyway and really got into a trouble or two back then as well.This guy is a pharmacist now and based in Buffalo NY,but he is still trying to make his mark as well as an artist.I heard some of his songs is now been played on radio and TV stations back in Naija.

Please show him some love and you can always let him know what you feel about his songs.He has a couple of songs and he actually did one song for one chic he had a crush on when we were in Primary school till we left high school which he titled in the chic's name "Yewande"Here are some of his videos and he is going to be shooting a couple of his other videos in Naija this August.


Want you Back------Lanre


Yewande ----- Lanre


Too Strong ----------Lanre

You can check out his myspace official website here

I got a comment about a new blog that has a listing of all the Naija blogs,it's a good avenue to get to a lot of Naija blogs.Check it out Here

Am signing outta here for a minute my peeps,take care and happy independence day to my peeps in yankee.Peace!!!

Heard D'banj will be in MD on Thursday 5th of July between 6pm to 9pm at
Peju's Restaurant and Lounge,1724 Woodlawn Drive Baltimore,MD 21244
No cover charge and it's strictly 21 and over Dress code proffesional,grown and sexy
for more info call 410 493 2799 443 415 2243.

So all y'all Naija star stuck peeps can check him out there o

12 Comments:

At Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:07:00 AM, Blogger ababoypart2 said...

Liked the songs....sounded pretty good.

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:51:00 AM, Blogger classybabe said...

Nice songs...like too strong.
Lol,i remember banger wars and taking money without permission(LMAO!) to get more.

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 4:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of the three I totally love 'Want you back'...nice beat and sound to it. Least preference; Yewande.

Good job dude...oh sorry, Lanre it is. Good job.

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 4:00:00 PM, Blogger Azuka said...

Don't tell me you used all of it? :-O

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer A. said...

NB....hiiiii!!!!!....I emailed u back...did u get my sweet little email??? (lolll)...

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:02:00 PM, Blogger temmy tayo said...

Hey, we dey fight????

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:13:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer A. said...

ok...NB...this was the email I sent it to: adeniyi2@gmail.com. Isn't it correct?

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 1:14:00 PM, Blogger omohemi Benson said...

araoko, you no sabi use liquid detergent. lol.
you better ut a reminder for yourself"do laundry now, X amount of boxers left".

 
At Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Heard about the D'Banj thing but I had no intention of going...so I didn't/

Anyway it's time 4 u to update o!

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Man... what's up with the slow updates?

 
At Monday, July 30, 2007 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was being serious when i asked for an update :(

 
At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

nice songs and thanks for visiting my blog. its a bit quiet down ur end tho? where have you been?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home