Saturday, February 17, 2007

Brain Dropplings

Howdy ma peeps?Been a minute,well been busy adjusting to a new city,different climate and I must say that I am missing my America hometown o ...H-Town babayyyyyyy.....Yeyeeeee...Turn up ur speakers !!!!!!

Anyway first of all I just want to post this intership opportunity for people that are still in college with a very reputable company GE Energy. I have a friend that works for them as a project manager and these people roll big if I may tell you.This guy works from home,he was given a brand new company car and an Amex card to charge all his gas and chopulatings on.Trust yours truly,I partake in this gasing up and chopulating any available opportunity that I get o,cos I no come count bridge for America o.

Anyway this was the advert for the summer intership that I got and I just want to let ma peeps know about it and you might know someone that it will benefit.

All - Please forward to Youth in College who may qualify and be
interested in this opportunity.


I will be starting the interview process for my Summer Interns in a

few weeks and I NEED YOUR HELP. I am looking for college Freshmen,
Sophomores, or Juniors in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, or
Accounting. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. I will consider some
business majors with strong leadership qualities.


Location of Internships: Atlanta, Greenville, Houston, Ohio,

Raytown, Schenectady, Erie, ..anywhere there is a GE facility!
Average salary: $17 an hour....some locations I will pay a housing
allowance.


Please forward this email to all that meet the requirements above.

My numbers are below!


Michelle Jackson, PHR



GE Energy



HR Manager, Compliance & Dispute Resolution



T: 678 844 7668


F: 1-866-276-0930


D: *421-7668


So if you are interested or know someone that qualifies and is interested,just give her a call.

Anyway I was watching TV the other day and there was a case going on in a court, the government was trying take some woman’s three kids away ‘cos she always leave them at home to go to work to get money for them to survive on and they are accusing her of negligence. During the court proceedings, the judge ask the Child protection services attorney how much will be allocated to the foster mother they will be placing the kids with and the attorney said $600 for each child making a total of $1800 for the three kids.

My point is this is a woman that has no record of abusing these kids and the only record she has is for stealing a carton of milk ‘cos her kids were hungry. She always get fired at all the jobs she gets when one of her kids get sick and she had to take care of them and she could not make it to work or something. The woman came out and said that if the government gives her the $1800 that they are planning to give the foster mother to take care of her kids, she will be able to take care of them much better as their mother, but the government was not ready to do that which I still don’t get as of right now.

The judge did a wonderful thing by appointing the mother’s sister has the foster mother and also said the sister can rent a bigger house and can also give or rent the mother a room to stay in the house. Men, the Child Protection Service’s attorney was almost going crazy ‘cos there was nothing he could do about it.

I always wonder if the people in government sit down and take a look at some of the laws they lay down, because some of these laws go over the top most of the time and it actually push people to even break the law a times. I am not saying that laws are not really applicable for the reason they were actually laid down, but there should be exceptions to some instances. Like with this example, if the mother was abusive towards are kids, a drug abuser or just irresponsible, I will agree with it, but this is a mother that is been punished for making a couple of mistakes by having kids with fathers that are not responsible and she is trying to take care of them as much as she can.


Lemme leave you with some pictures of our very handsome presido and his cohorts ......



HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY ...ABI!!!

O Ma home ..Damn!!! I miss this delicacy like crazy

Am out peeps.Take care and enjoy ya weekend o and Tony Tetula was in Houston last nite but your truly was over here.No money for flight now abi ... anyway I will try and contact my friend that brought him into town to see if I can get pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Labels:

33 Comments:

At Saturday, February 17, 2007 7:15:00 AM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

AM I FIRST OR WHAT!!! NB, oya send me my gift o., I'll be back with a proper comment

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 7:19:00 AM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Okay, now that i'm relaxed lemme analyze the scanario. WHAT!!!!!!!!!! GE internship, i'm emailing it to my brother and his friend right away, they're overqualified for it sef.

I believe lawmakers should be flexible in some cases to know that there'll be exceptions to the rule some times. But thing is if they do, people will want to take liberties.

I think the judge gave a fair judgement sha. Hopefully, the sister won't be a greedy monster. Ehen so na 'cos of brojedom u siddon for FL this weekend, see u sha.

Enjoy ur holiday weekend.

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 7:22:00 AM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

i meant to type *brokedom* 2nd to the last line.

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 1:03:00 PM, Blogger Nigerican said...

Wow the pics of all the young Naija presidents , is that real? If it is wow ,wonder if they knew they would eva be presidents and that one of their homeboi's would become a dictator.Anyway glad to see u updated and yes pls avoid them bad drivers.

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:44:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

God Bless that Judge for his humane interpretation of the law and the route he took in writing that judgment/ruling. Serves the government right for such injustice in trying to take her kida away when all she was doing was try to provide for them!!

Dont worry, the law will soon be changed. When each defendant's sibling is made a foster parent with provisions to rent out rooms to the defendant, then the govt will have no choice but to look inwards.

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:57:00 AM, Blogger Biodun said...

I cant wait to eat corn, or is it in season, hmm, anyways, the laws here dont make sense sometimes, but that is the thing about laws, never works in all cases. Hope ur settling well in florida sha.

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 2:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. Thanks so much for the information about the internships. I just got back from BEYA conference in baltimore to network and look for internships. Its quite hard getting one if you are an international student. I definitely would be calling her. Thanks for the info once again.

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 4:53:00 PM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

NB!!! Longest time!

Agbado o!!! LOL!

Take care and enjoy your week :-)

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya
i live in the u.k, can i apply?

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 4:07:00 AM, Blogger temmy tayo said...

Send me agbado jare

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 10:13:00 AM, Blogger snazzy said...

I like this post cos the judge showed the wisdom that he was supposed to. Republican cracks about activist judges non-withstanding. Making the law take note of exceptions will result in chaos, however judges that can mitigate the law when it is warranted are priceless. and not in the rich kid gets probabtion, poor kid gets one year sense either.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 11:23:00 AM, Blogger omohemi Benson said...

I dey gbadun this your blog sound track,
Lol @Obj's pictures,
Where did u find them?

Eya u miss boli ehen?
Don't worry I will post u some.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 2:55:00 PM, Blogger Favoured Girl said...

LOL at the pics of presidents. That really was the beginning of the conspiracy. I wonder if the person that took the pic knew how things would be one day?

Hmmm the law can be dodgy sometimes. At least the judge in that case made the best decision he could think. But I hope relations between the sisters don't disintegrate now that they will be sharing a house and the income...

Hope you are good sha.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 4:40:00 PM, Blogger Eagle's Nest!!! said...

With the exception of Danjuma and Abacha, I think the conspiracy against Nigeria was planned by OBJ and IBB years ago.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 5:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, not only have you forgotten ur post-val responsibilities...you've started galavanting already...without my permission!
LOL
MAke una help me beg pixmania may dem give me my camera o! haba?

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Dang, that corn is looking mighty good. I wanna go home...!!!! That picture of muscular OBJ is hella funny. Hehehe

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Lowla said...

LOL@ the pics..

If I could compile a list of Naija food I miss.. hmmmm.. I actually had roasted corn once (cant remember if it was in China or the Phils) but men I ate mine with garlic peanuts.. I know Im weird, but well it was an experience. :)

Your job link was quite useful.. I just did some research on GE.

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Lowla said...

OMG That Lagbaja music playing at the background is soooooo gooood..lol I knew I heard something playing..

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:18:00 AM, Blogger TMinx said...

Ok whats with the agbado? I'm glad the woman got a good deal oh! Thank God. So hello Mr Bachelor.

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:18:00 AM, Blogger iconoclastic said...

abeg where did u get d pics?? and can i relocate, abi its 4 only pple in college...discrimination!!!!

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Confused Naija Girl said...

where did you get that picture? you can get agbado in yankee now but of course it wont be like home.
enjoy your week!

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow@ the woman.. i can only imagine her pain sha... the law can be so rigid sometimes 4real. lol@your music... educated men eat bread and butter in the morning but forget that moinmoin tastes better.. thats classic! my obasanjo is a sexy beesh!wish i could see tony tetuila and eat bole with roasted fish ph style (i miss that more than corn). its weird cos in ghana they sell their roasted plantain with groundnut instead of fish.. like wtf?! but you actually get used to it after a while and its not bad @ all

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:38:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

love the music... crazy lyrics!

can almost imagine the banter that occured during that chess game... i'd have loved to be a fly on the wall.

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 8:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont think that i am ever going to recover from the picture of obasanjo....LOL

 
At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:15:00 PM, Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Thank God for the way He uses people to bless us. Im sure the woman could not believe it. Good on the judge.

Ok Im hungry. The corn is begining to look very delicious from where Im sitting.

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Tutsy said...

Let me start off by saying i am soooooo feeling this jam you got going on right 'ere!!!! This is one of the things i love about you....so f##king down-to-earth...keep up the good work jare omo, you are tooo bonz ....lol.
Now as per your story, i was thinking why judge no give the mama money to feed him pikin instead of awarding custody to another guardian??? but the woman tori get small K-leg sha, why does she get fired from every job???? Im pikin dey sick?? na only im get pikin??? abeg that one na nonsense yarn jare. I am so sick of these people using thier children as an excuse.....whose fault is it that she decided to bring the little gremlins into this world??? abeg make she commot make i see road jare. If anything i feel sorry for the kids, 'cuz y'all know how f##ked up it is once a child gets into the system. Anywho, that's my 2 cent yarn

least i forget, the OBJ pics are absolutely hillarious....lol

 
At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

UPDATE! Abi u want the entire blogsville to beg you? That annoying Vera's not here, so i've to fill in for her.

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 2:37:00 AM, Blogger Nigerican said...

Ok now u're getting worse than me deary, plz update u're blog i miss u *wink*. see yah

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gally. I miss roasted corn. am off to kroger to buy me some corn and roast on the gas burner. na so? wen u dey come back to H-town? i guess u don chicken out. u dont wanna feel this cat's claws or her roar? na mouth u get!!!!

 
At Friday, March 02, 2007 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Azuka said...

Hello Bloke,

I got your email but had no idea how to reply to naijabloke@blogspot.com because I didn't have a straightforward answer.

I wasn't sure what you wanted but you might want to consider Adobe (formerly Macromedia) Breeze or Captivate. Let me know how it goes...

 
At Friday, March 02, 2007 1:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr update now.. e don tey oh!!!

 
At Friday, March 02, 2007 2:51:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer A. said...

YEYYYYY....naijabloke..I miss ROASTED CORN!!!!

(I like lagbaja...his voice is sexy...lol)

 
At Friday, March 02, 2007 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Ah ah, update already!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home