Wednesday, October 11, 2006

BLOGNIVERSARY!!!

I just realized I started my blog exactly 1yr ago.Cant believe it's already a year,seems like I just started.

I remembered that faithful day at work,bored as hell and I decided to start doing a random search on google and I got directed to blogsville by mistake,cos I cant even remember what I searched for.I read a couple of blogs and decided to start my own blog that same day.You can view my first post HERE ,which by the way did not get a comment till June,2006.

My second post was on the 5th of May,2006,followed by my third post on 16th of May,2006 and that was when I got my first comment on my blog,which was by the one and only Original Iya Ijebu turned Tushed Lagos Girl.Buki thanks for starting the long string of comments on my blog and I also thank everybody that has visited my blog and has been leaving comments,appreciate it.

Like the saying goes "You meet people everyday and everywhere you go,but you only remember the ones that made an impact somewhat or somehow within you".I have learnt a lot of things from people I met through this blog which has helped me one way or the other to deal with life and some other aspects of life.From people sharing their experiences about issues,events etc has helped in a way or two and also always make me give thanks in all situations that I find myself.I just learnt how to cook Okassi and Ogbonna soup from blog friends.

Miguel I threw it down like I promise you o,this women aint got nuthn on us when it comes to holding t down in the Kitchen.I bet Ironchef is getting scared of getting a run for his money.LOL.



Check out my Okassi soup




Check out the Okassi soup with it;s soulmate,pounded yam




I really appreciate everybody that has visited my blog,with or without leaving a comment,cos your comments make me look forward to check my blog everytime and most of them actually make me laugh when am even in a bad mood.

Anyway the party is going down @ "CLUB DRINK@HOME"address is "25 BUY YA OWN BEER RD, YAOWNCHOPS TX 00419" with "DJ HOPE U HAVE A RADIO" in da house ....LOL

Wanted to blog about something else but I guess I needed to write something about my blogniversary.Anyway before I forget,if you guys did not follow the Latest "Survivor Nigeria" AKA "GUILDER ULTIMATE SEARCH" that just ended,my guy Hector Jobarteh won the money and the Car prize.

You guys have a wonderful rest of the week and here is a joke for you guys

Funny

A man dies and goes to hell. There he finds that there is a different hell for each country and decides he will pick the least painful to spend his eternity. He goes to a German hell and asks, what do they do here? He is told, first they put you in an electric chair for an hour. Then they lay you on a bed of nails for another hour. Then the German devil comes in and whips you for the rest of the day.

The man does not like the sound of that at all so he moves on. He checks out the U.S. and Russian hell and many others. He discovers that they are similar to the German hell.

Then he comes to the Nigerian hell and finds that there is a long line of people waiting to get in. Amazed, he asks, What do they do here?
He is told, first they put you in an electric chair for an hour, and they then lay you on a bed of nails for another hour. The Nigerian devil comes in and whips you for the rest of the day. But that is really the same as all the other hells, so why are there so many people waiting to get in? asks the man.

Because there is never electricity, so the chair does not work. The nails were paid for in naira but never supplied because of shortage of raw materials, so the bed is comfortable to sleep on. And the Nigerian devil used to be a civil servant so, he comes in signs the time and goes back home for private business.


Fathers Knows Best

A young boy had just gotten his driver's license and inquired of his father, if they could discuss his use of the car. His father said he'd make a deal with his son. "You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible a little, get your hair cut and we'll talk about the car."

The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer and they agreed on it.

After about six weeks his father said, "Son, I've been real proud. You brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I'm real disappointed you haven't gotten your hair cut."

The young man paused a moment then said, "You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair and there's even a strong argument that Jesus had long hair."

To this his father replied, "Did you also notice they all walked everywhere they went?"

32 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BLoggerversary(i hope that is correct). The pounded yam and okassi soup just dey make my mouth water. ME sef gast to cook something to post on my blog, you guys cant keep showing ur skills just like that.
And eh, where is MIGUEL?????

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:17:00 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

Happy Blogaversary or Blogniversary or Bloggerversary (Whichever is correct)!!!

I was the first person to leave a comment NB and you are always abusing me? I need a prize of some sort abeg! Now Now!!!


"Anyway the party is going down @ "CLUB DRINK@HOME"address is "25 BUY YA OWN BEER RD, YAOWNCHOPS TX 00419" with "DJ HOPE U HAVE A RADIO" in da house " You are a clown!!!

That food looks 'delish'! You did more than good with that!!!

You know I voted for Hector oh! Tell him! Congrats to him!

LOL @ the jokes!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:07:00 AM, Blogger Demi said...

Gidibloke, isn't that the efo i made at yours on Saturday? Why are you not giving credit to whom it's due? I slaved in the kitchen for hours to make you a scrumptious meal and you come on here claiming the credits? I'm disappointed.

Anyway sha, i'll deal with you later but for now. I wish you a very happy Blogiversary abi wetin you call am? Enjoy and don't finish the efo o, I will be back home early to have it with fufu.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:25:00 AM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Happy Bloggerversay or wetin call? NB u outdid yaself on this one. As in u really threw down. I'm even surprised that it's not "olongbo waterworks" (i dunno how to translate that just that i hear my mum say it when soup is watery), u made.
You and ur jokes sha. Abeg na who be ur supplier of jokes?

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:26:00 AM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

BTW, I'm very proud of u for what u did on Sunday, that i was counting down for. Remember? Omo dada (good child) keep it up, ok? Don't make it a Sunday-Sunday affair only.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 9:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogversary!!!! I love that you and Miguel are throwing down in the kitchen. Now we women don't have to do it for you anymore, abi? LOL

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats "ijebu wannabe" on your 1 yr blogoversary!
Your food looked good o! There is nothing be'RR'a than a man who can throw down on poundo..lol

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Mari said...

Congratulations NB.

That soup of yours looks beautiful. Now I cant wait to go home so I can eat some pounded yam.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations NB. May your blog continue to grow better and better in Blogville. I have made some wonderful friends in Blogville too. They're all wonderful people!!

The Afang looks mouth watering!!!
I'm salivating already. Do I have to beg U to DHL mine? Ok!! I'm pleading now - send me some please!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:13:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Temmy ..Lets see what u got o.

@Buki ..LOL ..abusing u ke ..I just like messing with ya.. u know it's all luv now.. No worry just go to any TESCO and mention my name and all ur groceries is on me.

@Desola .. which Efo u dey talk abt ..seems u just mistook me for someborry o.. LOL ..thx

@Xoxo ..thx jere and no wahala will be making the effort now ma.

@Ms May .. Duh!!! ..the cooking is for special occasions and emergencies o..LOL

Bella .Iya Ijebu#2 thank you o,thatz the handiwork of my Grandmummy o.. miss her though.

Mari ..I can post some to u if u want ..LOL

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:26:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Calabar girl ..abeg make u no let this ppl revoke my citizenship,cos by the time I DHL this thing now,dem fit think say I be one of dem ..(U know who am talking abt now). ..

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:27:00 PM, Blogger Biodun said...

The food looks good, yum, happy bloggeraniversary o!! Love ur jokes n ur comments r always funny, keep it coming!

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:35:00 PM, Blogger Beautifully Human said...

lmao at the 'naija hell' joke!! btw why does the joke always have to be on us???

very impressive attempt at the cooking; unfortunately cannot judge between yours and Miguel's as I didnt get to taste either one. now whats that all about, eh?

HAPPY BLOG-ANNIVERSARY!!

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:56:00 PM, Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

had to leave my stamp on one of the few Diamond-Approved blogs. Keep it up. U know ur blog is blinging baby.... Im coming out to da club with you tonight o. thx for coming out w/me last night for my bday :-)

i hope you havent finished the Okassi soup...and i hope you put enough atarado in there for me...dont worry i will bring my own wash basin w/me...infact i think you need to recook it in my presence...i think u may have had some help..talk true NB

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:47:00 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

NaijaBloke, thanks for stoppin by my page, my brotha.

Congrats on ur blog's birthday.

And that soup is lookin mighty good. You sure u cooked it? Hmmmm, I dey suspect u oh.

Those jokes...I've been laughing eva since. They're really funny. If only we could get hell like that ehn?

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:03:00 PM, Blogger ABBEY said...

congratulations oh...wishing you many more yrs to come.

btw...which one is Okasi soup? never heard or it.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Favoured Girl said...

Happy Blog-anniversary o, keep it coming with the gist and the jokes. I pretty much started blogging the same way, just by surfing and landing on blogger.com

Your food looks delicious. Are you sure you didn't have some help with cooking it?

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:42:00 PM, Blogger Smoothvibes said...

Happy BLOGNIVERSARY!!!

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:26:00 PM, Blogger Omo Ibadan said...

Congrats on your anniversary. You suppose wash am for us now :-)

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

U see!! NB its AFANG SOUP receipe I gave you not OKASI SOUP. Please correct ur post. I only described the leaf as Ukazi so u'll be able to describe it when purchasing it from the stores.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:21:00 PM, Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

As always Im the last. Happy Blog anniversary - and your food looked awsome. I actually started salivating, YOU want, BUT you must resist; I had to resist - but honesting its been a blessing to always check you post out. You are so witty and funny and I do look forward to your comments. You are defo an asset to our little community (am sure all will agree); Heres to the many more years in blogville.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:32:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

happy blogniversary o.
damn... that pounded yam looks good. afang ke? i thot that was egusi...looks tasty none the less.

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006 2:29:00 AM, Blogger Nigerican said...

I missed u. Happy Bloginversary

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:12:00 AM, Blogger Nneka's World said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HIP HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYWAY YOU HAVE BEEN ON THE BLOG WORLD FOR A YEAR? WOW I DIDNT KNOW THAT ONE, ANYWAY HERE IS TO MANY MORE BLOGS.

I TAKE IT YOU ARE IGBO?
LOVING THE FATHER AND SON JOKE.
I WILL BE THERE FOR YOUR PARRY!

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:16:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Biodun .thnx jere and yeah it tasted good too.
@Beautifully Human ..Thx for the comments and dont worry will email u some.
@Diamond ..very funny ..well this food was all me babe and enuff atarado was present cos I eat pepper well and I aint scared to recook am.LOL
@Vera ..Yes like I said the soup is all me .. easy on ur laffing symptoms o.
@Abbey .. u never heard of Okassi soup before ..well I never did until I went to Port Harcourt too .
@Tp ..thx and I will jere and the soup was all me o ..
@Smoothie ..thx for the thot.
@Omo Ibadan .. u went MIA for a minute ..thx
@Calabar how I wan know the difference ..I now know why the people were looking at me when I asked them for Okassi leaves. lol
@Life of a stranger .. thx for ur comment and it tasted good too.LOL
@Tope .. u thot this was Egusi ..u berra remove that sun shade u dey wear.lol. thx for ur comment
@Nigerican ..hey wasup with u ..hope u r aiight ..thx dear
@Nneka ..Moi dear Nneka ..nice to have u back .. thx for the comment and Nne am not Igbo o and why did u think I am?

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy abi Merry Bloggerversary.. its not easy sha... u always have us cracking up on this ur blog.. even tho I only started this whole blogging thing 2 months ago.. i always look forward 2 ur jokez 4real...

i dey suspect u for this your soup sha.. u sure say na u cook am? abi na copy and paste for google images? tell us true

lmao@nigerian hell.. dats too funny... lol@ ur party location.. ur not serious NB

have a great week my dear ...

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Miguel said...

I realize i am a day late but dude congrats either way...I log on to your blog to laugh my head off and u've failed to disappoint.

 
At Friday, October 13, 2006 3:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, did u cook that? oh, happy blogniversary by the way. I must say ur blog makes for a very interesting read. I am taking note ooo, and check out mine too. Good stuff

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 4:59:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nb, stop hating on my shades...i can hook you up if you're interested..lol

 
At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:27:00 AM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Naijababe .. yeah I know it's not easy jere,but it is since ppl like u always check my posts out .. and which kain yeye copy and paste ..thsi is all me babe

@Miguel ..thx for dropping by

@Jem ..Yeah I did o ..thx for dropping by
@Tope ..LOL ..oya hook me up then but with smaller ones abeg

 
At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger adefunke said...

This soup looks very correct, yem recipe!

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006 3:56:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmmm that soup looks amazing ... there should be some sort of rule against people putting up pictures of nice looking food without an invite attached to come taste it ourselves!

Congratulations on your blogniversary ... I'm new to it but loving what I'm seeing so far!!!

Any new gist?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home