Monday, December 18, 2006

I'm Her Daddy

I am very sorry for the been missing for a minute and thank you guys for all your comments and prayers as well.

I actually typed a post up while I was at the airport waiting for my flight back to Houston from Tampa on thursday,but I lost the post while trying to upload it cos the website started having problems.

Anyway,my week has been kinda busy with different things.I was up to my neck with work and also had to fly down to Tampa on wednesday for an interview on thursday morning.The company decided to fly me down to Tampa after 2 gruelsome phone interviews which lasted like an hour each and the face-2-face interview lasted another 2 hours,felt like I was been interrogated by the POPO.I got to Tampa around 7pm,got the rental car and one of my friends that stays in Tampa met up with me and we got lost a couple of times before we found my hotel.I got to the hotel and I ended up having to pay for the room cos the person that was suppose to take care of it at the company forgot(Just remembered I was suppose to fax a copy of the receipt to the person to refund me).I decided to drive by the company that night so that it would be easy for me to locate it in the morning,but gave up after driving for over an hour and could not figure out where the place was.I was able to locate the place in time for the interview in the morning sha.

One of my very close friend got married this saturday and I was the bestman,so I had to go straight from the airport to his engagement when I got back to Houston on thursday and we also had the Bachelor's eve bash after the engagement.Woke up late on friday cos I did not get home till like 5am from the Bachelor's eve party.I had to run a couple of errands and ended up missing the wedding rehasals and later went with the groom and friends that were in town from Nigeria,London,Canada and all over the US for the wedding.We had fun catching up cos I have not seen a lot of the said friends in a while and we finally ended up in Dennis restaurant around 5am and left around 6.30am after eating almost all the wings they have at the restaurant.

I woke up around 11am on saturday and had to do last minute running around for the wedding.All the groomsmen met at the grooms house and went to the church from there.The church service was lovely,the reception and the owanbe party was off the chain and I had to give the toast as well.

I think I need to go to sleep now cos I so need to go..but am not going to leave without a joke.



Snow Plow

It was snowing heavily and blowing to the point that visibility was almost zero when Lena got off work. She made her way to her car and wondered how she was going to make it home.

She sat in her car while it warmed up and thought about her situation. She remembered a friend's advice that if she got caught in a blizzard, she should wait for a snow plow to come by and follow it. That way she would not get stuck in a snow drift. This made Lena feel much better and sure enough in a little while, a snow plow went by, and she started to follow it. As she followed the snow plow, she was feeling very smug as they continued, and she was not having any problem with the blizzard conditions.

After quite sometime had passed, she was somewhat surprised when the snow plow stopped and the driver got out and came back to her car and signaled her to roll down her window. The snow plow driver wanted to know if she was all right, as she had been following him for a long time.

She said that she was fine and told him of the advice she'd received to follow a snow plow when caught in a blizzard.

The driver replied that it was OK with him, and she could continue if she wanted...but he was done with the Wal-Mart parking lot and was going over to Kmart next.



The Church Organist

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.

One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea.

As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.

The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and He could no longer resist. "Miss Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl.

"Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the Park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would

prevent the spread of disease. And wouldn't you know, I haven't had the flu all winter."

46 Comments:

At Monday, December 18, 2006 4:31:00 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

NB!!! Thank God you still have our time! You haven't forgotten us!

The job you want and that God says is yours, IS YOURS (Amen!)

Have a nice week dear.

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO FAX THE HOTEL RECEIPT OH!!!

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 4:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, that was a funny one. Lol at Miss Beatrice.

Make u dey do best man all over the place o, when are you getting married. I have given Teva to someone else.

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 7:31:00 AM, Blogger Nilla said...

LOL @ the church organist.

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 9:44:00 AM, Blogger Biodun said...

U were a whole bestman @ a wedding n I didnt get my invite ehn, ko da ba yi o, lol. Glad u ahd fun @ d wedding n hope ur interview went well also. Jokes r too funny, lol. Did u get the goodies?

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Beautifully Human said...

that advert was soooooo funny!! lmao@ the dude insisting he was her father!
na wa for these kin interviews o! na so una dey do am for Yankee? Anyways good luck dear and hope it all pays off for you.

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 1:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy video...

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Discombobulated Diva said...

LOL at the video... where do u find those videos?!?!

Glad you had a good time at the wedding...
will you be moving if you get the job in Tampa???

~DD

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 5:17:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Buki ..dont worry this blog is staying on forever unless blogger closes down and thanx for the prayer..faxed the receipt this morning.
@Temmy ..so na so life be abi ..LOL
@Nilla ..thanx for stopping by
@Biodun..abeggg like u would have been there if I u were invited ..Thanx a bunch ..got the goodies on saturday..was going to email u but men am still recovering from all the wahala ..
@Beautiful Human ...me sef tire o ..at a point,I been was ask dem if na the chairman post I dey interview for ni.
@Azuka ..u can imagine .
@Discombobulated ..Yeah will have to if I get it o..

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 6:29:00 PM, Blogger ABBEY said...

NB long time...u've been globetrotting huh? Hopefully you get ur job oh

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:03:00 AM, Blogger 36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

who be this anonymouse sef!!!.

lol @ Ms Beatrice. maybe i should try that too!!!.

hope u get the job o!!

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:45:00 AM, Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

you are back finally - I really missed ya, I sort of thought it would be one owambe party/job/interview that was keeping you away from us. Thanks for the update. Have a blessed week.

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Eyi o da bayi o (This isn't good) Biodun and NB u guys are really looking for my trouble o. Better not lemme vex 'cos ibinu mi o ki n da o (when i'm angry, it isn't a pretty sight). Just left Biodun's blog only for me to come here and y'all are still rubbing it in my face. U mailed goodies to that NB and u know how i've been craving for McVities chocolate digestive. Not fair!!! God dey sha. *Sobs harder and louder*

*Still sobbing* Hope ur interviews went well NB? Don't worry whatever job the Lord has decreed to be yours will be urs in Jesus name- Amen. Glad u had fun at the wedding. Take care

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please can you delete that long annoying "comment"? Whoever it is has been leaving it on like every single blog. Seriously there are mad people in this world with alot of time on their hands.

Left it on your previous blog and also on bella. very annoying.

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:25:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@Abbey ..I wish o ..just work and interviews jere ..jut like u
@36Inches ..I tire for the stupid anonymouse o ..LOL ..thx babe
@TLOASCM ..thx jere ..u actually guessed right
@Xoxo ..Thx for ur prayers and abt the goodies ..all I can say is hmm...
@Anonymous.. men the fool is annoying jere .deleted it alrdy

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Favoured Girl said...

LOL @ the joke.

Hope the wedding was nice, and you caught the eye of several eligible laydeeez....

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 5:45:00 PM, Blogger Teva said...

sweetie...whats up now? are you jealous cuz i've replaced you wit someone else? darl' you need to move on..thats how life is hmm...there will be more experiments and i'll ensure i enter you for one...

Lovely post.!!

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:44:00 AM, Blogger TMinx said...

Lol, funy stuff. Goodluck with the interview. Tampa should be a cool place to live in...or am I wrong? You can send for a mail order bride from Nigeriawivesinstantly.com..Im in the portfolio don't mind that Teva gal.

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:10:00 AM, Blogger zaiprincesa said...

lol..for real, where do u get these jokes.??..Anywho, good luck with the interviews..i have been on a few over the past few weeks, and the process is so tiring, so i feel ur pain. Happy Holidays....

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:08:00 AM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

@TP ..The wedding was hella nice ...dont know abt the other one sha cos I was running around.
@Teva.. what am i going to do abt u now..replace who with what .. seems u have joined the train of dreamers that have been growing extensively on blogsville ..LOL..Thx dear
@Tminx ...Thx jere dear and Tampa is a cool place to live except for the Hurricanes jere ..will check ur portfolio out on that site ..LOL
@Zaiprincesa ... thx and I feel ur pain as well ..u can imagine one stupid young boy interrogating u just cos hin papa na big man for America and hin go Ivy league skool.. me sef my mama big for Naija ..LOL

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH dang.. it sounded like you had too much fun my beautiful ex NaijaBloke... you know if i was still your first lady.. i would've come with you in style... but you had to go and do what you did... but anways its almost a new year so let me allow sleeping dogs to lie(you can make up for it by getting me the dreamgirls soundtrack for christmas, an ipod to listen to it with and take me to go and see dreamgirls on dec. 25th!.. lol)lmao@ the lady and the condom.. thats just too funny! but i no understand the snow plow one oh!... have a great week luv

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:14:00 PM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

How about Friday evening anytime after 5? Lemme know if it's convenient. Come o, when's ur b'day? Saw u're a capricorn baby too?

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:51:00 PM, Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

i guess you are getting married next after doing best man right :)

I hope you get the job!!!!!!
Happy holidays

p.s. updated my blog

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Omoba said...

Man!!! I knew I shdn't have thrown those condoms out .... and now if I get the flu it's all my own fault :)
Hope the intvws went well

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:24:00 PM, Blogger Naijadude said...

Oh my, oh my! Where do you get your jokes from? That was funny!!!

Goodluck with the job interview buddy, nice Xmas package in store for u!

Merry Keresi

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:21:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

OWNB ..babes I sure had fun,saw a lot of friends I've not seen in a while ..well the snow plow one shows that the lady was driving behind the snow plow around the walmart parking lot and she thot she was driving towards home .. get it now ..duh!!!
@Onada ... I will after u jere,just make sure u invite me .. am a professional bestman o .. I have an agency sef ..rent-a-bestman ..LOL
@Omoba ...Thx jere ,..yeah they did o ..good news is on the way
@Naijadude ..baba ijebu ..thx jere ..definately a xmas package

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:22:00 PM, Blogger kulutempa said...

nada, mayn. taking like a week off, then i have to start working on my thesis for real, and looking for a job. you nko?

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

lol @ the old lady. Hehehehehe. Awww, it's been that long, huh?

Hope you get the job sha.

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

BEst of Luck with ur interviews and on landing the very best job in 2007!!! Its what I wish for myself too!!! Have a very Merry Xmas and a happy and Prosperous 2007 ahead!!!

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:33:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer A. said...

NB, How did it feel to be the BEST MAN??? You felt special eh?

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment earlier. I hope you find the job for 2007!
for some reason i cant login

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Nigerican said...

Gosh i wish i was Miss Beatrice lMAO. I hope u have a lovely holiday, and yes that coming soon is so that u don't harras me lol.U have a gooooooood one k deary.

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 4:49:00 PM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

NB, put ur email on ur profile jere. Okay let's see whenever u're ready, pls email me.

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 6:18:00 PM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Here's the link, www.isc.ro. U shld put ur email on ur profile so i don't fill up ur comments section. Yours minus 10 = mine

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 7:06:00 PM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

I think u have to download it to play. 'Cos u also have to choose a username and stuff. U're the computer guru, check it out. If not, the weekend's fine. Do u use any IM or post ur email?

 
At Saturday, December 23, 2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

NB are u running away from me? Oya come quickly o, before i put u on blast on my blog. U kuku know i don't waste time.

 
At Sunday, December 24, 2006 3:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas!!!

 
At Monday, December 25, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

Bijou...what's up with the harrassment of my Bloke...take time o!

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 11:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear...
Kini mo se fun e o...
t'ofi fe ja mi ju sile...

How now, long time no see. Hope you had a fab xmas. I wish you the very best for in the coming year. Stay blessed always!

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 5:07:00 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

update pls!

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 6:42:00 PM, Blogger Nilla said...

I 2nd Vera :-)

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2006 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

U want the whole of blogsville to beg u before u update? Now, u're feeling like a hot bloke on blogger this one that all dem omoge's are hot on ur trail. Oya,please update nau. Hope u're ok? Take care dearie.

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:35:00 PM, Blogger chainreader said...

"i'm her daddy!"!

lmao. funny stuff.

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Ah ah, Baby, nawa 4 u oh. Update biko now. Don't lemme come back here without an update o!

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 7:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 3:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gluck babe...hAPPY HOLIDAYS

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 4:33:00 PM, Blogger Beautifully Human said...

how afr with you now uncle?
biko update osiso!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home